Saturday, March 20, 2010

YEE-HAW!

I discovered a wonderful little-turned-big blog on the internet a year or so ago. Maybe you've heard of The Pioneer Woman. :) I got hooked on her chapter-by-chapter retelling of the story of how she met and fell in love with her husband (Marlboro Man). She aptly titled the story, "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels." I found her writing to be interesting and funny, and I was a little bit sad when the story ended with their wedding ceremony.

She has a delightful blog full of raw stories from her country life and her recipes are out-of-this-world yummy (full of real butter and ingredients that I might actually have in my kitchen). She had her first cookbook published this past fall, and I have just informed my husband that this is what I want for Mother's Day. I just discovered (although I'm sure this is old news) that her "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" story will be out in book-form next Valentine's Day, and I also just informed my husband that I would like to receive that book next Valentine's Day. (So, if he's paying attention, then he has TWO gift-giving occasions covered without having to think about it.)

But, the big news of the day - just announced on her blog - is that Sony Pictures has just acquired the rights to turn "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" into a movie. How fun is that! I also just informed my husband that we will be going to that when it comes out. He is beside himself with excitement. ;) You can read all of the details HERE, including the tidbit that Reese Witherspoon is being strongly considered as the one to play the Pioneer Woman.

Ah, I just love something fun to look forward to, don't you? :)

8 comments:

Chrissy King said...

I saw this in the USA Today on Thursday and was so excited!!

http://tinyurl.com/y86f7nf

I forwarded the link to a bunch of girlfriends and we are all trying to guess who will play Marlboro Man. Any guesses?? Hmmmmm????

Tammy said...

Oh, I'll have to give that some thought. It would have to be a rugged manly-man and not a mambi-pambi. Hmmm...

Chrissy King said...

I know, it's hard to guess. I can think of lots of gals to play Ree. Reese is in the works hopefully. If not Amy Adams (maybe its the red hair) or even Sandra Bullock would be good. But MM is a little harder. He would have to be that rough and tough type but with a little bit of soft side. I'm still thinking!! :o)

Jesca said...

I hope Reese plays Ree, although she'd have to dye her hair red. Her blog is the greatest. I can't wait until I get to stay home with the kids so I can try more of her receipes!

Tammy said...

Don't her recipes look divine! I've made a couple, and oh my goodness. They are not, however, easy on the hips, I'm afraid. They are one more thing to have to "use in moderation."

Tammy said...

Okay, I know it's a bit off, but I keep coming back to Matt Damon. He's definitely a manly-man (think Bourne). He's almost too rugged, but I think he can pull out a softer side than we've seen with Bourne. I'd like to see him in a more romantic role for once - that would add to the interest. He does have a killer smile, and I think he'd look at home in a cowboy hat and chaps. Also, he might look just a wee bit like MM in that they are both not overly tall and have kind smiles. I think a really tall guy would look "wrong" in the role of MM.

Chrissy King said...

I hadn't thought of him Tammy. And I do think he would work. It will be so interesting to see who they end up with!!

By the way, her recipes are yummy. Our family loves the olive bread either with spaghetti or as a snack/appetizer for a party. We also love the Apple dumplings (made with Mountain Dew.) Mmmmm.

Tammy said...

Oh, I'll have to bookmark those. I recently joined her "Tasty Kitchen" site, and I've already started adding recipes to my Recipe Box. I'm hoping to get her cookbook for Mother's Day. ;)