Monday, March 08, 2010

The Library

I love the library. It's even better than a bookstore except that it doesn't have a Starbucks inside. Today was shipping day, so I was out running errands early this morning and found myself at the library 10 minutes before it even opened. I ended up sitting on the bench in front of the building while I waited for them to open up. It was just a wee bit embarressing - like who actually waits on the porch for the library doors to open? Well, me!

I went straight for the audio books section - another "loser-like" tell, I fear. But never mind... I chose two audio books to listen to while I work this week, and I was truly almost giddy with excitement as I checked them out. I planned to work in the basement while listening to one of my newly borrowed books today, but I ended up having to be on the computer all day long.

However, tomorrow is a new day, and I plan on working in my basement all day long while listening to a brand new story. What a wonderful way to spend a day - productivity while being entertained. :)

1 comment:

Jesca said...

I'de be right there on the bench with you! I LOVE going to the library. And audio books, the best thing ever. Hope you were able to listen to one. On to read the next post!