Thursday, March 06, 2008

Just For Fun!

Okay, I was reading down through the old blog posts tonight just before getting ready to post that Mother Theresa quote (see below). I saw that I already posted the quote last year, and I haven't even blogged enough since then to move it to another page. So, I won't post it again. But, it is a great quote and speaks volumes to me as I struggle with balance and my annual case of the "chuglies." Her final line sums it up, I think, "You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway."

On a lighter note, as I perused my old blog entries, I did come across a quiz I answered last year, so I thought it might be fun to run that baby again with today's answers and see how they compare. (Stacia, if you read this, I'd like to see this quiz appear on your blog with your answers, so as they say in "blogdom," "Tag! You're It!") Okay, here goes...

1. where is your cell phone? charging in the kitchen
2. your boyfriend/girlfriend? Chris, my handsome husband for 17-1/2 years
3. your hair? driving me crazy; I can't do anything with it. It seems to be fried... (hmmm... no change here!) (In honesty, I'm just really way overdue for a trim. My hair is getting really long, and I don't know if that is good or bad for a 37 year old woman! In our family, we jokingly refer to my hair as my crown. Sandy, my mother-in-law, asked me at Christmas time, how long I was going to let it get. I told her that I liked it long because it made me feel like a Princess, thus the crown.)
4. where is your father? probably asleep in his chair in front of the TV
5. your favorite thing to do? enjoy an unhurried breakfast with my husband, especially when he is in the mood to chat
6. your dream last night? I can't remember it, but it was long and a little odd.
7. your dream car? a convertible Beetle :)
8. the room you're in? my bedroom, sitting in bed under the electric blanket, which is turned up to a 9 and is quite toasty
9. who did you hang out with last night? nobody - Chris took the boys to church, and I stayed home and filled ScrapRoom boxes for shipment
10. your fears? failure
11. what aren't you good at? many more things than I'm good at
12. muffins? not when I can have a scone (YUM!)
13. one of your wish list items? for complete wisdom and clarity in all things that I am responsible for; for my house to be decorated; to not have to be concerned with weight management issues (okay, I know that's three things, but the first one was too big and the last two are constantly hanging over my head!)
14. the last thing you did? finally saw the "praying woman" in the floral pattern of my comforter cover. Joe has seen it repeating all over the comforter for a long time and he was asking me tonight if I saw it - finally did! (It really does look like the silhouette of a praying woman. She's everywhere!)
15. your computer? I LOVE my laptop and my high-speed wireless internet connection. When it's all working, it's a thing of beauty!
16. your pet? Still no.
17. you are wearing? a pink SEI t-shirt that says "Make Your Scrapbook Splendid" in little velvet letters (What kind of slogan is that... "Make Your Scrapbook Splendid"? Nobody talks like that!)
18. your life? blessed with an amazing husband, amazing children, and a God who loves me even when I can't see Him clearly.
19. your mood? slightly melancholy; a little blah
20. missing? warm sunny days
21. your car? sometimes starts; sometimes doesn't - we finally replaced the battery in the red van, and I'm starting to trust it again. Big Green, however... there's this finicky anti-theft device embedded in the guts of this van, and this anti-theft system sometimes engages of it's own free will, and we are unsure of the proper way to disengage. We think it might involve a rhyming chant, some burning incense, and a very elaborate yoga-type pose done while clicking a series of buttons, but we are still unsure whether the door has to be open or closed while doing this. When the anti-theft system engages, we cannot start the car until the system has been reassured in our most calming voice that we are not burglars and promising it all sorts of treats after it starts again. We have been stranded in numerous places because of said device, including Yellowstone National Park (twice). We now say altogether as a family, "Good Stop" when the van starts again after we have turned it off. It is a shame that the quality of our roadside stop is determined by whether or not the van will start up again. At any rate, our little anti-theft friend kicked in today, and the van wouldn't start at the post office (AGAIN!) after we unloaded our boxes this morning. Chris must have completed the required appeasement techniques to start her up again, but the problem is that he doesn't know what it was that actually did the trick...)
22. what are you thinking about now? that I should probably stop typing in answers to these stupid questions and get to bed
23. your work? raising my boys and www.scrap-room.com
24. your summer? COMING!
25. your relationship status? Married with children
26. your favorite color(s)? to wear - black; just because I like it right now - aqua!
27. when is the last time you cried? I can't remember. I seem to be a little numb these days.
28. when was the last time you laughed? about an hour ago, when discovering the "praying woman" hidden in the pattern on my comforter
29. school? Thank God it's over for me. Thank God it's on for the kids!
30. favorite 90's group? I have no idea what any of the 90's groups were. I was in Bible College. Does Steven Curtis Chapman count?

2 comments:

JonesFam4 said...

1. where is your cell phone? Somewhere in the depths of my purse, or in the van.
2. your boyfriend/girlfriend? Stu...almost 14 years
3. your hair? Yeah, the last haircut I said, I'm not growing it out, but I don't want to do anything with it in the am. Currently I've settled on 3 hot rollers and I'm presentable. That's lasted a week. Next week I'll be back to my Wisconsin Hat.
4. where is your father? Home (his home)
5. your favorite thing to do? Date night! Or READ READ READ
6. your dream last night? none
7. your dream car? MINI COOPER
8. the room you're in? family room in front of fire
9. who did you hang out with last night? Stu
10. your fears? Kids/family...health etc
11. what aren't you good at? Ha
12. muffins? um bagel, or mary's market low fat blueberry scone...best ever
13. one of your wish list items? House paid for, a hobby/interest of somesort.
14. the last thing you did? made cinnamon rolls for the kids and put in a DVD so they could watch it, while eating (LAZY DAY)
17. you are wearing? My favorite christmas gift, my pink fuzzy robe. Its all I've been wearing. PJ pants and slippers complete the sexy ensem.
18. your life? laundry...seriously its good. Blessed with a great family, husband, kids, etc....and I am the princess (says God)
19. your mood? is tired a mood? Tired, soooo tired
20. missing? Tammy :); the beach, oh the beach, Amanda
21. your car? Paid for. Loud. But to Quote my friend Angie here, "Its my favorite kind, paid for"
22. what are you thinking about now? I need to play with the kids
23. your work? raising my kids
24. your summer? COMING, and it WILL be filled with swimming and trips to the zoo (we're members, so we're going A LOT
25. your relationship status? Married with children
26. your favorite color(s)? to wear - black; but I'm loving Emmy's pink and green and white room...fresh girlie sweet
27. when is the last time you cried? last night, can you say hormonal? Need to stop reading sad/happy blogs.
28. when was the last time you laughed? yesterday, emmy and cam are a riot these days
29. school? I aim to never go back, however I need to. Hated it. Cam begins in ernest next year and I dread it, but I hear after the first week with him gone for that many hours I'll begin to see the beauty. We shall see, it really worries me.
30. favorite 90's group? yeah, um u2? Amy grant (was she around in the 90's??? Baby Baby...wasn't that then? And Michael W. Smith. Late 90's I liked this group out of Atlanta, they played at all the youth events in florida and for the life of me I cannot come up with the name...I can clearly see the cover of the CD...but I'm not seeing praying ladies in my comforter (is this an appearance of Mary??? - Em sees her everywhere!!!! "Its Mawwwy up dere." look up in Panera and its a picture of some lady with a thing on her head...therefore Mary.

Jesca said...

WOW, 3 post in one week. I love getting on here and seeing what you write. Guess what, baby Hill is scheduled to be here in one month, but could really come any day. If you see our number show up on your caller ID you can SCREAM or cry, I will probably be doing both!! Love you guys!